Based in Cornwall, UK
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an exceptional individual, or two, to join one of the most exciting materials companies in the UK. We are looking for a person that can utilise their specific scientific discipline & expertise and leverage their broad understanding of other areas to lead and deliver true innovation within our business.
We’re looking for excellence and we can mould the role around you.
Our innovation projects span materials, and their production, for hydrogen generation, fuel cells, advanced batteries, medical devices and water treatment. You will be focused on making a difference, getting products to market is what we do.
We’re a pretty special company and this is a special opportunity for a special person. We can’t wait to meet you.
Who are we?
We’re an award winning, privately-owned, make-to-order business that manufactures and develops electrochemical materials. Using our key capabilities, we support a diverse range of customers in technologies that include hydrogen generators, fuel cells, batteries, corrosion prevention, water treatment and medical devices. We are proud of our ISO 9001 (2015) certification. Our current team is made up of exceptional people with a range of backgrounds, who use their core knowledge to deliver for our business. We work across multiple sectors and have partners in major UK and EU universities.
What will you do?
We can modify the job to the person we find – we’re looking for great people – but key elements of the job are:
• Operating in a safe and professional manner
• Developing an in-depth appreciation of the manufacturing methods and properties of current PV3 Technologies and competitive materials.
• Experimentation over short and long-term timescales, materials characterisation and testing and leading critical interpretation / assessment of results.
• Formulating or synthesising ideas and concepts through constructive, challenging engagement with colleagues in response to market needs or opportunities.
• Leading the migration of products from the bench into production.
• Setting standards for technical and operational excellence.
• For those with experience of management, we can offer a team leadership role
Education / Experience required for the job:
• Postgraduate research degree or equivalent experience in Electrochemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Surface Chemistry or Materials Science.
• Candidates should have a proven track record of hands-on experience in materials development, synthesis, production, characterisation, and analysis.
• A sound understanding of the research process is critical as would be a familiarity with processes or methodologies relating to innovation and new product development.
• Experience of migrating products from a research environment into production would be desirable.
• Experience of leveraging value from external partnerships
• Prior experience in leading and managing research projects and people is highly desirable
• Scheduling and allocating resources required to complete allocated projects on time and within budget.
• Non-smokers only.
Due to the nature of the chemicals we use we are only able to employ non-smokers.
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org